Citi Performing Arts Center is one of the nation’s foremost not-for-profit performing arts institutions, offering theatre, opera, classical and popular music, sporting events, Broadway musicals and more.
One of the organization’s key goals it to make the arts an integral part of the community experience, on a daily basis. Member and audience feedback is critical to how Citi Center stays relevant and engaged.
Recently, Citi Center was able to meet two organizational goals with one well-designed survey. Citi Center wanted to learn more about how their members used social media, and it wanted to promote a great upcoming event, Cirque Éloize iD (described as “West Side Story gone hip-hop circus”), so they used SurveyMonkey’s new Rewards feature to create a survey with a one-of-a-kind VIP experience as the incentive.
Citi Performing Arts Center designed a Cirque Eloize iD VIP experience package that included fantastic seats, an artist meet-and-greet, and an exclusive backstage tour for 10. They were able to add the incentive directly to their survey:
Citi Performing Arts Center then sent their survey through several methods to gather responses:
- A targeted email just for Cirque Eloize
- Cross-promoting Cirque Eloize and the survey in emails for four other shows
- Posting it on their Facebook fan page
- Tweeting it out to followers
- Including widgets on their web pages promoting the survey
Of the respondents who started the survey, 99.3% completed the survey and entered for their chance to win the VIP experience. A completion rate that Citi Center was extremely happy with. In addition, Citi Center gathered important insights that will help them shape future outreach and promotions, including:
- Customers are very interested in winning cool, unique, experiential incentives
- The top two social media channels for their target audience are Facebook and Groupon, followed by YouTube, Mobile, Twitter and LinkedIn
- They would definitely recommend using a survey with a custom incentive for future event promotions and member engagement
Citi Performing Arts Center also tested incentives in a survey to their education alumni, so stay tuned for a follow-up post detailing their experiences there.
Have questions on how to include incentives in your next survey? Ask away in the comments below.